Skip to main content

 

Power and sex seems to dominate today’s political conversation a little too much. You would think that we as a nation would move away from these things but we are still electing people to office that exercise that power. Why does it keep going on? Because too many people allow it. I wonder how often and by how many congressmen have shown pictures of their conquests on the floor of Congress like Matt Gaetz. Matt Gaetz can’t be the only one because no one seems to have a whole lot of outrage. We have a whole lot of politicians that talk about morals and family values to get votes when what they really want is to get reelected and are willing to say anything to get elected. I have read that his defense fund is being funded by donor donations. If he is so innocent why does he need a defense fund? Also who were the Congressmen that were being entertained by those pictures? These are people that run on morals. They have courted the Evangelicals when they really do not care about the teaching of Jesus. They do not have respect for women or family values. Could the problem be that the Evangelicals have been so obsessed with abortion that they themselves have abandoned family values. If they had concentrated on family values maybe that would stop a lot of abortions but that is for another posting.

 I normally try to stick with one subject but today I am going to change course a little. It has been about 10 days since my last posting and the reason why is that I have been experiencing the healthcare system of Southwest Florida. Tuesday April 6th I was experiencing a lot of lower chest pain and I thought I might be having a heart attack. My wife drove me to the hospital we where I sat in the waiting room with those chest pains for 3 hrs before being admitted to the ER. From there I laid on a gurney for another 2 hours in the hallway of the ER. About the only attention I received was they put a Nitroglycerin pill under may tough. After that they finally put me in a room in the ER with an actual nurse attending to me. About 3 hours later they found me a room and hooked me up to a heart monitor. Now that is 8 hours before finally being admitted. Over the next 2 days they ran a series of tests. First I got a chest  x-ray. Then I had an ultra sound. They had pretty much ruled out a heart attack. Next they scoped my upper GI  thinking maybe an ulcer, nothing. Now they did a CT Scan which showed up a little inflammation of the intestine but they didn’t know what to think of it. Now I have been in the hospital  for 2 days and they still didn’t know what was wrong with me. Now they suggested an Ultra Sound and I said they had already done that. Now I had had nothing to eat or drink for 2 days. That is when they consulted a surgeon. He looked at all the test and order a scan were they injected a fluid into me and watched it flow through me. That test took 2 hours. Now it was Friday so I was on day 4 with the pain and day 3 with no food or water. I finally got a couple of sips of water and a couple  little containers of Jell-O. Saturday morning at 6 am the Surgeon walks into my room and tells me he thinks it’s my gallbladder and that he will have to do surgery. I ask when and he says 9:00. So I call my wife and 3 hours later I am wheeled into surgery.

The Surgeon removed my perforated gallbladder which he said to my wife that gangrene had set in. I have a couple of nasty bugs in me that they are treating with Anti Biotics. Finally after about 4 days I can drink some water and eat a little. I spent the next 5 days recovering in the hospital. Now during that time not once was a cleaned up. It took me three day to be a clean gown. I did try to clean myself a little but being hooked up to an IV and having the heart monitor on it was hard and I was still in a lot of pain whenever I tried to move.  Thursday after 9 days in the hospital I am finally discharged. They give me a list of stuff I have to do when it get home and one of them is wound care for the drain that is still in me. My care said that the dressing for the drainage had to be changed daily. Now this is day 5 after surgery and not once had it been changed. The first time it was changed was when my wife changed it the next day after I showered 6 days after surgery.

Now I will tell you I really do not know what was going on but I do not feel that the care I got was not very good. Maybe being still in season down here with a lot of snow birds  and with Covid - 19 the system is just too overwhelmed. I don’t really know but I feel that change is necessary. In my opinion healthcare is part of the infrastructure of a nation and our healthcare needs a lot of work.

Comments

  1. wow - what a saga. So glad to know you made it out of there...dare I say, ALIVE! I completely agree with you on the infrastructure issue when it comes to health care. If there was a basic, standardized level of care to qualify for national certification, we'd all be better off. Call it what you will. We need a National Health Care plan. To offset those who cry foul, we should institute different levels of care that can be purchased, like options on a luxury car. It is already somewhat in place in ObamaCare, via the Cadillac Plans offered. I hope Biden can get to this - however, it's as if America has been in the hallway of a Florida hosiptal's ER for 4yrs, and there is a LOT of cleaning up to do.

    I'm really sorry you had to go through that ordeal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect