Skip to main content

 

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting at table outside writing while my granddaughter took sailing lessons. It was a beautiful day and a great atmosphere to write. The water looked great and the sound of the kids running around just added to the great atmosphere. As I was sitting there a lady that I knew from Illinois came as sat with us. I have always thought of this lady as a little bit of an intellectual type. We were not in a very political discussion when this lady says that she is glad she is not from Michigan with their crazy governor. I was a little bit surprised by what came out of my mouth next. I said to her “Do you know why we have never had a Women President? It is because you guys eat your own”. The woman got up and left which was alright with me because I could go back to my writing. True as my statement was I probably should not have said it.

Now women have been treated like second class citizens since the beginning of time. This has not been a race thing. Just about every race everywhere in the world has treated women the same, as some form of subspecies that is supposed to be dominated and controlled by men. Even here in America strong women are often demonized like Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi are. Smart strong women seem to scare a lot of men but also a lot of women. Hillary Clinton would have made a better President than the former guy but her strength scared too many people. Instead of recognizing her strength she was called a bitch, and, who wants to be governed by a bitch? When she debated the former guy she was the stronger person on the stage but because she was not soft she was rejected. The real problem I have was that she was rejected by 55 percent of white women. That tells me the 55 percent of white women were more comfortable with an adulterer and a person that committed sexual assault than have strong women in control. Now, I will say that there are some women leaders in the Republican Party but the minute they have an opinion of their own, like Liz Cheney, that does not follow the Republican line want to throw her out. Women are not supposed to have a different opinion for the men.

I was in an online discussion that got just little out of hand and I am afraid that I started it. I started by saying the DeSantis’ school voucher plan was just another form of segregation. You give a family a voucher because they don’t want to send their kids to a public school, where they will have to wear a mask, to a private school where they have to wear masks. Well, as some discussions expanded, it got into charter schools and then there were insults. Do you know what thought came into my mind is that we eat our own. The people are always too quick to eat their own. We are too quick to respond. Most of the conversation was against charter schools and so am I if is run by the private sector. My grandchildren happen to go to a charter school not run by the private sector but run by the school system itself and it is widely successful. But as I said that this charter school was run by an answerable to the School District which makes a huge difference. Not some scheme to take taxpayer’s money and put it in the private sector. We sometimes have to listen and research what someone is saying before we just dismiss as it as garbage especially if they are on the same side as you. You can still learn from your enemies but you can really learn from your friends. We non-republicans have to stop eating our own. That is what they want.

Suppression of woman has been long standing in religious organizations.  We have given the church a free pass on the fact that they have suppressed women for centuries and we allowed them to demonize their own. The church taught me as a child that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute. Women with a sinful past that was forgiven by the love of Christ. As I have gotten older I have learned that that was not true. Why would the Church lie to me about Mary being a prostitute because it is a lie meant to demean the power of women in the church? Why are not women now asking for answers? That is a great question that I will never get an answer to. Of course it may actually be off topic a little too but it is Christian’s eating their own a little isn’t?

I am going to switch gears and write about my opinions of Afghanistan. I was saddened that day that we sent troops into Afghanistan and I am saddened the day that we have left Afghanistan. I know we went in to try and defeat terrorism. I also thought back 20 years ago that we would fail. Islamic terrorism is more of an idea than it is a country. It is very hard to defeat an idea with bullets. That is why I knew that we would fail. The idea never left, so the problem never left. There is a lot of finger pointing going on right now and there is definitely is a lot of blame to go around. Our missions in the beginning was to get Osama bin Laden but that mission changed and getting Osama bin Laden was not that important. Then we got bin Laden in Pakistan. Our whole mission in Afghanistan was a mess and now the end looks very similar to Vietnam which I also watched. I do not know of a single president that doesn’t carry some of the blame and there have been four. The fact that so many fingers are pointed at Biden just shows the failure of some of those other presidents. They made bad decisions to go in, to negotiate with terrorists but the guy that closes the door is of course to blame.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect