Skip to main content

 

I was reading the other day an article that the people in the United States were some of the unfriendliness people in the world. To tell you the truth I have never really been outside of the United States very much to be able to compare. In fact the only foreign country I have been to was Canada. I have been all around the United States and I really have not notice a difference from one area to another. Maybe the problem is me. Maybe if I was friendlier people would be friendlier to me. I will admit that I am hesitant to allow many people within my space. I wrestle with whether I want to associate with people that would put me in harm’s way. I have heart disease and non cancerous scarring on my lunges from exposure to asbestos. During the pandemic I have had to be very careful. Even though I am vaccinated I still wear a mask. I am having a hard time trusting people that they will be concerned about the person standing next to them when that person could be me.  That is the one thing that is lacking that I see, concern for the person standing next to you.

I was reading another article yesterday about a restaurant in North Dallas that kicked a couple for wearing a mask. The restaurant “Hang Time” in the Dallas suburb of Rowlett has a no mask policy. The couple had just had a baby that was having some health problems and they were being careful so they did not bring anything home to their new baby that would harm it. Because they were wearing a mask they were told to leave. They were being responsible parents in my opinion. If they had been careless and had gotten their child sick there would be a whole bunch of people screaming what terrible and selfish parents that they were. They do the right thing and they get persecuted for it. The owner of the restaurant justified his no mask policy saying that masks were an overreaction and they don’t work. It is his business and that he can do as he wants. If this man is not going to let people protect themselves what else is he not doing. I would be very suspect that he is running a very healthy establishment in the first place. So much for pro-life Texas.

I have always believed that we should support small businesses in our area. When you could only do carryout my wife and I would try at least once a week support a local restaurant by doing carryout. When they did allow customers back in I always made sure that it was an establishment that I felt was putting my safety first. Most places that I went to were very safety conscious but a few are not. The ones that were not, I never went back to and when this pandemic is over I probably will never go back to. Any company that does not look out for the well being of their customers has no business being in business. Every Sunday morning my wife and I along with our dog go to the Over Easy Restaurant on Sanibel. Why did we start going there. Because they made us feel welcome and safe. They had outdoor seating and all the staff wore masks. When things got better and masks were no longer required they took them off but as things got worse they went right back to wearing masks. A place like that deserves my business. Grandma Dots on Sanibel expanded their outdoor seating to help create a safer dining experience and I have always felt safe there. Safety has always been important for any business it is just more amplified today. If a business is not putting their customer’s safety first they should close.

Being friendly has a lot to do about trust. There are just too many people that I do not trust. People that put politics before the safety of the general public are just too common now. In Florida we have a Governor that puts politics before the safety of not only the general public but also the safety of our children. For some reason they think that wearing a mask is infringing upon their Freedom. The courts have already ruled that you do not have the right to get other people sick. They have already ruled that mandates for public health are ok. Vaccines have been around as long as this country has. Do you know what hasn’t been around that long? The division that the Republicans have created. Do not point the finger at the Democrats. Biden bent over backwards to try and work with the Republicans. They were not interested. The lying and misinformation from the Republicans have done great harm to our democracy and it has even killed people. They have put party before country. I cannot see any reason to vote for a Republican again and yes I have voted for Republicans. I don’t know where the Republicans got this America First slogan but from everything I have seen they have put the health of our country and especially our children last. Don’t talk to me about a Christian Nation when you turn your back on the safety of our children.

 

 

Comments

  1. death total according to NYT covid counter is at 51,889 in Florida as of today.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html
    I have been checking daily number every morning to get the trend, and it is getting worse

    the fact that DeSantis looked far and wide to find a physician who agreed with his anti-mask, anti-vaccine is so discouraging. And that Florida (en masse) has not demanded he leave office for his dangerous actions alone is unbelievable.

    After the last 5 years I do not trust anyone to do the right thing. I trust my kids and husband but even my friends and extended family have disappointed me. I decided early during trump nightmare, that if someone thought he was a good choice to run our country into the ground, that I did not want to talk to them, or have them in my life. Therefore, I kicked them all out. This has been the most year-opening nightmare period of just how short-sighted and stupid people can be all in the belief that their guns are more important than anything (my family has room full of guns and still thinks Obama or whoever is going to knock on their door and take them away... I have heard this BS my entire life). That whites are losing power, the gays are taking over, etc, etc ... I had a lifetime of this crap but trump was an outrage too far.

    My friend and I drove around the US for a month while she photographed a book about 6 years ago. We did not know what to expect but I was so pleasantly surprised of how incredibly generous and nice everyone we meet was, and we approached many, many strangers with out of the blue. But if makes me wonder know what that same experience would be like today, with trump flags and STEAL THE ELECTION signs out in their yards. It all breaks my heart. I keep telling my kids, I am not bitching and fighting for myself, I will be gone soon enough, I am worried about their future democracy and THEIR KID'S lives. They think I have lost my mind during trump because I have been obsessed on how he, his family gets away with crime after crime with no consequences.

    Anyway, I reposted one of your blog post the other day, it is high on my stats for peoples eyes. https://littlesomethings.blogspot.com/2021/09/someone-elses-reflection-nice-change-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect