Skip to main content

 

First comes the bigotry. Second comes the hate. Third comes the violence. I may have the first two mixed up but violence is the result. The first two explains the violence. Why are so many embracing the violence? When Charles Manson planned the Tate and Labianca murders according to the book Helter Skelter his ultimate goal was to create a race war that he and his family would become victorious. He wanted to use race. Does that sound familiar?

What is White Supremacy?  I of course Googled it and there is a whole bunch on the subject. The main thing is that Whites should have dominance over other backgrounds, especially where they co-exist. To some, whites should live by themselves in a white-only society. White people believe that their own culture is superior to other cultures. Many believe that white people are genetically superior to other people. Many of the White Supremists believe that the white race is in danger of extinction due to a rising flood of non-whites, who are controlled and manipulated by Jews. They believe that it is their job to save the white race. This is some scary stuff. This is some of the stuff that the Republicans are bringing to the table. I know that there are a few Republicans that will tell me that I am over reacting. When was the last time you heard someone use the n-word? When was the last time you heard someone call a black a spear-chucker? I would be willing to bet it wasn’t that long ago and I would be willing to bet it wasn’t said by one of your Democratic friends.

I have read that one third of America Republicans want open rebellion. That is one out of every three republicans out there. To me that seems a little high but it does tell you that we have a serious problem, and that problem is being fed by Republicans like Rep. Paul Gosar. He posted a meme of him killing another member of the House that he disagrees with. Is this the type of leadership that will lead us into a prosperous future? He should be arrested just like I would be if I had done it. Threatening a government official of the United States is a felony under federal law. I would be arrested. Why isn’t he? During the height of the pandemic President Trump wanted open rebellion against states there were putting in restrictions to try and save lives. Madison Cawthorn has talked about taking up arms. These are all Republicans that are talking about taking up arms against our democracy.  I have not heard a single Democrat talk this way. The Republicans want to say they want to preserve our liberties. What liberties are that? What liberties have been taken away? The liberty to get other people sick? Words are cheap and Republicans are using a lot of cheap words to scare and anger their base. Slowly but surely the Republicans are weakening our democracy. Only our enemies benefit from a weakened America. The billionaires right now benefit by a weakened America but in the end I think that they will suffer too. As the country descends to chaos so will their empires.

Do I care is my taxes go up or down. Yes and no. I don’t mind paying taxes when I know that they are doing some good. Giving my tax dollars to some oil company so we can further destroy the earth is not good use of my tax dollars. Spending as must as the next 8 countries combined for defense is not a good use of my tax dollars. Trying to convince the people that you care about them when all you are doing is pandering to the billionaires with tax breaks is not a good use of my tax dollars. They could care less about the working man that in reality is footing the bill. Do you really think that an armed revolt will do anything to fix any of this? Just look around the rest of the world where there is conflict and you will see that it won’t.

The Republicans do not want to save democracy. I wish they did but they really don’t. I feel bad that the party of my father wants to bring an end of the democracy that my father loved so. I feel so bad that I have friends that think that the problem was just Trump and that now that Trump is gone everything will be ok. The Republicans promote violence. The insurrection on Jan 6th was a violent act that has been justified by the majority of the Republican Party. The Republican Party has put party before country. The people that are still supporting the Republicans are putting party before country. Some of those people are people that I know and that breaks my heart. You can say that you vote Republican for this reason or for that reason but in reality you are just standing with the White Supremists that wants to see our democracy end.

The Republican Party needs to reinvent themselves but they won’t until we force them to by getting them out of office. They will not change unless they fail and fail badly. We need a two party system but one party cannot be the party that promotes violence to overthrow our government and the killing of representatives elected by the people.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect