Skip to main content

 

In Florida a health official was put on leave by Governor DeSantis for suggesting to staff members they get the vaccine. Can you imagine being suspended for just suggesting something that is right? I would think that all health officials would be vaccinated. Their job is to protect the community and if you don’t want to protect the community you shouldn’t be in healthcare. I worked in healthcare on the technical side. I set up laptops that nurses would wheel into patient rooms, computers at nurse’s stations computers in Doctor’s offices, printers and various IT equipment that were used. I know firsthand that healthcare workers are always at risk of catching all kind of diseases and also of spreading all kinds of diseases. The first people that you want to protect are the frontline worker. People in healthcare are the frontline workers. If a soldier won’t carry a gun he should not be on that wall protecting our country. If a healthcare worker does not want to protect their patients they should not be in healthcare.

Healthcare is all about safety. Our Dear Governor DeSantis knows this. His wife has cancer. He is vaccinated and he should be to protect his wife. He won’t say if he will get the booster shot but I bet he already has it. Why? To protect his wife of course, that is what any good husband would do. Do you think he could be elected dog catcher if his wife caught Covid and died because he was unvaccinated? I wouldn’t vote for anyone that would sacrifice their wife to get elected to any political office. Our families have to always come first. As sad as it might be I know that there are people that would sacrifice their family for an ideal but I hope that ideal is something bigger than a shot in the arm but, in some cases I am afraid that it is not. DeSantis has put people in jeopardy for political gain and far as I am concerned he should be held criminally responsible and people should have the right to file a criminal complaint against him for obstruction of something that will save people’s lives. This health official was not forcing people to get vaccinated. He was suggesting that people get vaccinated. In my mind he was suggesting that people in healthcare should be protecting patients.

I am not a big fan of Federal Government Mandates or even State Mandates. I would rather that to be left up to the communities, though at times, they are necessary such are things that are regulated by the Federal Government.  There has to be consequences for our decisions. If you choose not to vaccinate that is fine but you should not expect to be able to continue to live your life as you normally have. Our medical experts have said that we should get vaccinated. They have the expertise in this field not Joe Blow down the street. Almost all of our government officials are vaccinated. Our Governor is vaccinated. The entire Trump Family is vaccinated. Why? Because experts in the field have advised it. With the encouragement and incentives by the Trump administration the pharmaceutical companies developed a vaccine to protect us. Businesses do have the ability to mandate safety protocols for their working environment for the satiety of their employees and their customers. You don’t like their rules then take you business elsewhere. If you don’t like the safety rules by you employers find another job. If you don’t like the guidelines to fly don’t fly. You do have choices but you cannot force your demands unto the rest of us. Your rights are not some overriding thing that should expose me to the dangers that you want to face. If it is your choice, you should face them without harming other people.

Life is always full of choices and I have chosen to be vaccinated. I have chosen that I will try and protect my neighbors. I have chosen I will try and protect you. I still wear a mask because I have chosen I will protect my neighbors. I still wear a mask because I have chosen to protect you. Those are my rights and you have not right to put me in jeopardy.

 

DeSantis administration puts health official on leave for encouraging vaccinations for staff: COVID-19 updates (msn.com)

Is Governor Ron DeSantis Vaccinated? His Anti-Vaccine Mandate Stance Explained (marketrealist.com)

Comments

  1. Very well written. ALL DeSantis cares about is maintaining and increasing his power at the expense of our Democracy. He does this by taking advantage of the ignorant and the racists. Ever since Trump was President, I have been completely shocked by the power hungry scum in our country that lack any integrity or morals whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect