Skip to main content

 

You have the news and you then have Fox News. I don’t watch any cable news. Oh, if the Capitol is being stormed I will turn on MSNBC to watch or, if there is a mass shooting I may tune in to get the details but mostly I like to read my news. My browser/home page is set to the news so I just open it up and start scanning the headlines and start reading. The one news site that I never read is Fox News. People will tell me that I am wrong with that because to be informed I must know all sides of the story and I wonder what in the hell they are talking about. All I want is the truth and I just don’t trust Fox News to give me that, even what they write. If you write articles about Black Life Matters ripping people off of money like Fox News does and do not point out our former president, doing the same, I just don’t want to pay attention. In fact we should be expecting more from a former president and we should be expecting more truth from our news.

The news use to be that, the news. The local newspaper investigated and they reported the news. They printed it in the local rag and we read it to say informed on what is happening in our communities, our nation and in the world. There was a half hour of local news and a half hour of national news in the evening and then the local news at bedtime on TV. Most of the people that were really informed were the people that read their news. When I was a young man I use to get two papers. One was the Milwaukee Sentinel that was a morning paper and the other was the local Kenosha News that was the local rag that came out in the afternoon. News was always important to me and being informed was always important to me. There was a balance of news and political news. The purpose of the news was to keep the public informed. You always heard that the public has a right to know and I agree. Things that affect our lives on a daily basis we have the right to know. We have a right to know what our government is doing because they work for us. Those seven hours of missing data from Jan 6th is a huge problem because that data belongs to us. If you are hiding stuff from your employer that is a problem and we are the employer. Our watch dog of the government has always been the press that is why the freedom of the press is a constitutional right. If they are not doing their job properly we have a problem.

A political party should not have a news network but I feel that is what has happened with Fox News. People will say that they are conservative news and I will say what in the hell is conservative news. I want the news period. I look at the headlines an Fox News and it seems that most of them are blasting Democrats and praising Republican. I know that people call CNN and MSNBC liberal news but there is a difference. I always feel you get more balanced reporting from the other Networks than from FOX. The truth, in my opinion, has had a liberal slant ever since Edward R Murrow. This is not the first time that conservatives had tried to control our government. He stood up to McCarthy and the Communist scare of the 50s that destroyed many lives. The news job is to stand up to the lies that are being spread for political gain. The News Network’s jobs were to stand up to the lies and the corruption that was spread by the Trump people just like Murrow did to McCarthy. Many of our News personalities failed to do their job in my opinion.

 I will say that none of the networks have done a good enough of a job reporting on the corruption of all the money flowing into Washington and the pockets of our politicians from both parties. They talk about the dark money with both the Republicans and Democrats pointing their fingers at the other. I am pretty sure dark money flows to people in both parties but we need to know who. 15 years ago a politician would never have favored Putin over the President of his own country no matter what difference that they had because they always had the same common goal. The preservation of our Democracy. In my opinion that is not true today. Politicians like Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley and others that condone violence as a political tool are not people that are embracing our political process. These are some of the talking heads on the conservative news stations like Fox News. People that in my opinion want to see our democracy end and have it replaced by an authoritarian form of government similar to what Russia has. They do not want us to have a government of the people. They want to have a government that is ruled by money. You have an entire News Network not reporting that and that Network is Fox News. As more Billionaires buy our News Outlets and Information outlets I fear that the problem will only get worse.

When you look at a Cable news network and know that our country would be less divided and better informed if they did not exist our country has a real problem. I don’t like censorship but I feel that too many Republicans want to censor the truth. The lying and misinformation by Fox News is meant to play to a group of people that do not embrace our democratic process and in my opinion put Rosa Parks in the back of the bus again. We would not have civil rights without the news accurately reporting the news at the bloody bridge outside of Selma. Now if you would talk about the bloody bridge there would be uninformed people claiming that you were teaching Critical Race Theory. Why? Because the conservative News and the Republican Party has misrepresented what Critical Race Theory is. Why because lying to their base satisfies viewership for Fox and votes for Republicans. The truth would not do that for them.

I have posted many times that the lying and misinformation from Fox News and the Republican Party weakens our democracy and our nation. It is meant to. Divide and conquer and been a theory centuries old. Abraham Lincoln knew that and so did Jefferson Davis. One wanted our nation to survive and the other didn’t. You can guess which one didn’t. The one that wanted to divide.

Comments

  1. Well said. I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do they claim to be "conservative?" Treasonous, seditious, predatory, yes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect