Skip to main content

 

I swear I was just writing about this. Guns, what do we do about guns? Is easy access to guns a problem? I would say, yes. Is it the only problem I would say no? I am pretty emotional today as I write this. 19 children dead, two adults dead, shot in an Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. Sometimes it just makes me want to scream. Do not tell me that guns do not kill people, that people kill people. People with guns kill people. Do not tell me we can’t go around banning things that would kill people because you can just as easily kill a person with a knife. That argument is not going to fly today. 19 children are dead because of the gun culture that is part of America. This is coming from a gun holder but just because I own guns does not mean that I believe in the wild wild west approach to guns we have today. Guns are not making us safer. The open carry laws are not making us safer. The conceal and carry laws are not making us safer. Until we deal with the ease of obtaining a gun we will continue to see our children murdered whether it is on the streets on Chicago or the Schools in Texas.

In November I wrote a 3 part look at the 2nd amendment and came to the conclusion that it was the most twisted sentence in the entire Constitution. It was never intended to be used as it is being used today. If I can research that and come to that conclusion I am pretty sure the Supreme Court could as well.  Why didn’t they? There is nothing in the 2nd amendment about personal protection but yet after over 200 years of its writing the public was suddenly led to believe that is why it is in the Constitution. Why?  Could it be that money and politics had corrupted our Supreme Court? We know that money has corrupted our Federal Government. We know that we need to get the money out of Washington but the problem is the people getting the money are the only people that can fix it. Do you really think that they want to get rid of that cash cow? Do you really think the people like Ted Cruz cares about children getting murdered as long as he gets his cut. The State of Texas had a major power failure and people were dying. What did Ted Cruz do? He flew to Cancun of course. Out of state people came running to help which is what we should do but dear Ted could not be bothered. These are the people that are getting elected to Congress and these are the people who that are responsible for our children dying. People that really don’t care about “We the People”.

One of the main purposes of the 2nd amendment was so the states could put down a slave revolt. I have written on this before. Check out this post I Could Be Wrong. (cbwrong.blogspot.com). The thing I never understood here is Blacks also have a right to rebel against the tyranny around them. Is this only a white amendment? I have seen hundred of post complaining about the Black Lives Matter protest. Don’t they have the right to rebel again a system and government that is suppressing and discriminating against them? Where are the calls for Blacks to be able to take up arms in self defense of a tyrannical government and system? I only hear White people talking about their “right to bear arms”. Are Black people supposed to have the same rights as everyone else? When the Black Panthers formed they were declared by the FBI as a Communist Party and an enemy of the American People. No one said there were good people on both sides like Trump did in the wake of Charlotte. Why the various White Supremists groups are not declared fascist and the enemy of the people? Why do we tiptoe around these people that would destroy our democracy?

I have read that the shooter was bullied in school. That does not surprise me with all the bullying that we see all the time. He had a stuttering problem that he was mocked for. That does not surprise me either. We had a President mock a journalist because of his handicap and people thought that was funny. Robbing a person of their dignity is not protected speech and should not be tolerated by society but in too many cases it is. Many politicians will blame mental health and I am pretty sure that most shooters have mental health issues. That is just a convenient statement so they don’t have to do anything. How do you diagnose a person with mental health issues? Is that now the duty of the guy that sold him the gun and all the ammo? Is he the one responsible? Of course not, so let’s get this guns and metal heath crap out of here and go after the real problems and come up with real solutions to figure how we can get the guns out of the hands of people that shouldn’t have them.  

People running around with guns are not going to make us safer. Conceal and carry or open carry, none of it makes us safer. More guns will just mean more death. I am a gun owner and I do believe that I have the right to defend my home. I don’t run around in public trying to intimidate people. The problem we have now is that we don’t know who the good guys are or who the bad guys are. One bad decision with a gun can turn a good guy into a bad guy. I would never want to be a policeman today with all the guns on the streets.

Our children are dying and Marc Rubio’s, Ted Cruz’s or Gregg Abbotts’ thoughts a prayers are not going to solve it. We need real solution from people not being bought by the NRA or the gun companies.

 

Mass Shootings in the US: See 37 Years in One Chart | Time

Black Panthers - History, Definition & Timeline - HISTORY

Comments

  1. Guns: Don’t Legislate. Eradicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good blog. You say what I want to say but I let the emotion overwhelm me when I try to say the words. Thank you, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect