Skip to main content

 

I have been on vacation for the last 3 weeks so it has been hard for me to sit down and write. I still won’t be home for a few more days but I have a little down time while watching the grandkids. They are typical teenagers; old enough to take care of themselves, we are here just in case they need a little monitoring. They are one of the reasons I started writing. What are we leaving behind for them? What I see is not real encouraging right now.

I get a lot of comments back on Twitter and to be honest with you it really scares me. Now, I do know that it is just Twitter and people are always braver at their keyboards than what they are in real life. I do tweet about guns and if people have been following my blog they would know that I am a gun owner that believes that I have a right to defend my home and my property. What I am always critical is guns on the streets. We watch the old westerns and what does Wyatt Earp do? He outlaws carrying guns in Dodge City to curb the violence.  I know that is just a movie but gun control was a real thing. There was more gun control in Tombstone in the 1880s than there is now. I find myself writing a lot about gun control and I think it is sad when it comes to guns and violence on the streets we seem to be going backwards. I have said that no one needs to be carrying an assault rifle around in public and someone said that I was informing the world what a “pussy” I am. Gee, I am not the one that is so scared of life that I need to be running around with an AR15 trying to look tough.  Also, I am not a fan of conceal and carry or open carry. More guns on the streets mean more violence on the streets. It only takes one bad decision to turn a good guy with a gun into a bad guy with a gun. I don’t want gun ownership to be taken away because I am a gun owner and hunter. My hunting guns can do the exact same thing as an AR15. They just don’t look as tough but yes they can be just as efficient. What I want is safe streets and guns do not give us that. They knew that in the 1880s why do we not know that now?  I understand why the NRA has worked so hard to make guns a Federal issue instead of a State or even a Community issue like it should be. It is easier to bribe a few senators and congressmen than it would be have to deal with and bribe everyone at the State and Local levels.

I have said that the 2nd amendment is the most twisted sentence in the entire Constitution and after all the insults that I have gotten I still believe that. The framers of the Constitution did not write the 2nd Amendment, in my opinion, because they wanted armed citizens. They wrote the 2nd Amendment because they wanted armed regulated militias. There are a lot of reasons why they would need a militia back in 1791. We needed it for Native American suppression and aggression against the Native Americans along with slave suppression and oppression. If you want to think that there was a little bit of racism with the 2nd amendment that’s ok too. Also in the beginning it was also to help protect our young nation from foreign aggression. During the war of 1812 the reliance of militias for our national defense became a problem. I have a link below that the discusses that a little and if you really want to research it you can follow militias all the way to the formation of the National Guard that basically replaced all state militias.

I am one of those believers that the Militias of today are not meant for the protection of our nation or our freedom. If we are not careful they may be the down fall of our nation and our freedom. We had an election that was a fair election and the person that won was elected by the people. What we witnessed after that election was the lying and misinformation that lead to a mob and in some cases an organized mob to stop the counting of the electoral votes. Two militias participated in this insurrection as I like to call it, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers. Neither militia was state sanctioned militias so in reality they are illegal militias. This really is a good example of how a militia will take our freedom away from us. January 6th was not only an attack on our Capitol it was also an attack on our freedom. Voting is one of the freedoms that were won by declaring our independence from England and King George.

I always hear how people are having their freedoms being taken away from them whenever a Democrat is President. No one has ever told me what those freedoms are and what freedoms are gained when we when we have a Republican President. On January 6th the world witnessed a group of insurrectionists try to take away the freedom of an entire nation. Guns are not what we fought a revolution over. It was the representative government they wanted. I am afraid it will be people with guns that will take that freedom away.

 

Gun Control Is as Old as the Old West | History| Smithsonian Magazine

Militia in the War of 1812.pdf (bandyheritagecenter.org)

Militia Myths: Why Armed Populations Don’t Prevent Tyranny, But Often Lead To It – Armed With Reason

A Christian Insurrection – A Believer's Journal (believersjournal.org)

Comments

  1. read this yesterday and cried
    https://www.irehr.org/2022/07/15/shoulder-to-shoulder-cspoa-and-the-oath-keepers/?fbclid=IwAR03e5q5rKtzwon96xCVYUZf3mVknPM-qEO9jn2O3PTTnIHbl_9FnoU4GKs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very worried. People are not understanding how corrupt the GOP is. It seems to be getting worse

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREE BROTHER DAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect