Skip to main content

 

I don’t understand. When I was employed everything I did belonged to my employer. When I worked “IT” I would back up the email server knowing that all the emails belonged to the company. I understood what Hillary did was wrong and from a business standpoint that would have been a firing offense or in Hillary’s case was impeachable which would be the Congress’s attempt to fire a Cabinet Member. She was not the first one to do this. She stood there and hid nothing and cooperated with every investigation. But just like the private sector she wouldn’t have gone to jail. Would that have disqualified her from being President? Well in a normal situation I would have said “yes” but 2016 was not a normal situation. She ran against a man that basically was a criminal. He has been accused of rape, sexual assault, mocked the handicap, called women dogs, filed for bankruptcy multiple times, is being  investigated for his business practices and bragged about going backstage at the Miss Teenage Pageant seeing the contestants in various forms of dress or should I say undress. So with all her problems she was still the more qualified of the two, both professionally and morally than Trump and I am no Hillary fan.

Now Trump took documents that belonged to his employer which was the American People. There are not just rules about that there are laws. The Presidential Records Act of 1978 basically says that all Presidential Records belong to the Archives. The National Archives subpoenaed for the return of those documents. Trump should have returned them immediately when notified by the National Archive and the National Archives should not have had to subpoena for their return. Trump did return 15 boxes stating that was all that he had. In those returned documents the National Archives saw Classified Documents and notified the Department of Justice which is what they should have done. Then from what I have read a whistle blower came forward and said that there was more documents that Trump did not return. So let’s see now. Trump breaks the Presidential Records Act and gets caught. He returns only some of the documents and lies claiming that are all that he has. The FBI has to obtain a Search Warrant where they discover another 11 boxes. This does not look like a witch hunt to me. It looks like a criminal trying to cover up for breaking the Law. Trump has claimed the documents are his and wants them returned. Trump has claimed that the FBI planted these documents but why then would he want planted documents returned? I have seen a dozen Presidents leave the White House and this is the first time that this has happened.

Why would Trump want to keep all those documents? I have heard people say it is to hide the corruption that was the Trump Administration. I really do not think that is the reason at all. What motivates people like Trump? Two things motivate people like him and that is money and power. Information is power. Do I think that he would sell secrets to people around the world? Well yes I do, and I bet that there are a lot of people that would agree with me. People have said that Putin had some powerful information over Trump for Trump to want to betray our allies. I don’t know about that but as I said information is power.  Would Trump try and use information on let’s say the President of France to try and influence a situation? I could see that. Is there information in those files about other Government Officials that he could use to control situations to his liking? How much would a country like Saudi Arabia be willing to pay for our plans to defend Israel? If he was being blackmailed by someone like Putin how much damage could Putin do by obtaining our Classified Defense Documents? Trump has tried to capitalize financially by using things like the Presidential Seal on his golf courses which is also illegal so I would worry that money is a huge motivation for Trump.  I would be willing to bet he could get a pretty buck for what he calls his many Presidential Documents. As I said in my 2nd paragraph, they were not his documents they were his employer’s documents. He was not a king that was appointed by God and only answerable to God. He was our President that I always thought was held to the same standards as all of us.

We now have Politicians like Lindsay Graham saying that if Trump is arrested there will be violence and riots. This is from a U.S. Senator that has taken an oath to uphold our Constitution and to me he is trying is instigate violence against our laws and our Constitution. To accomplish what end? Who are they putting in danger? Who are they going to attack? Are they going to attack our police like they did and the Capitol? Are they going to blow up a Federal building like Timothy McVeigh? Are Lindsay Graham and people like him calling for terrorist acts against our Constitution and our Government? That is what it sounds like to me.  Personally, I hope that Trump is arrested and found guilty. Should Biden then Pardon Trump? I don’t know but I remember Ford pardoning Nixon to help heal the nation. Trump will never try to heal America because he doesn’t know how to put the good of the Nation above himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect