Skip to main content

 

Is cheating just a way of life today in America? I was reading a story about a Florida Minister and his son being arrested for taking millions dollars of PPP money but using the money to buy a mansion in Orlando. We had a roofer here in Southwest Florida that took money and bought himself a 650,000 dollar Cat Boat. I know a private boating club that took their PPP money and put in a new patio with it. This is money that was supposed to help companies and organizations make their payroll so their workers didn’t have to suffer during Covid. Brett Favre was involved with taking money meant to go to the poor and have a Volley Ball Facility built at his alma mater. He also took millions for speaking engagements that he never did. He paid that money back but he is still walking around free. Why? Is it because he is a big football hero? Is it because he is rich? If it was me or some other poor smuck we would already be in jail. I keep hearing from both sides of the aisle that we are a nation of law. Sometimes I think that we are not.

The Biden administration is going to add like 87,000 new IRS workers over the next 10 years. That is to cover retirements and also build up the IRS so they can be more effective. That has just outraged the Republican Party. I just don’t get it. This is the Party that said that Democrats want to defund the police. Republicans want to defund the police that catch tax cheaters. Cheating on your taxes is breaking the law. It cost this country billions and billions of dollars. They want the kid to be busted for shop lifting but when comes to tax cheats they think that is ok. I have to ask this question why? Yes, stealing from a local merchant is doing harm to the merchant. Stealing money meant for the poor does a tremendous amount of harm to the poor especially the poor children. Cheating on your taxes is really stealing from the government. Do you think that the Republican Party is worried that your next door neighbor is going to get audited? Unless your neighbor’s name is Musk or Trump they really don’t care. This is again about the billionaires that own the Republican Party. The rich, the one percent, as they are called have all ready received tons of tax breaks. The Republicans want them to be able to cheat even more and not get caught. If I was worth a billion dollars I would gladly pay my taxes. I would want to keep this the greatest country in the world and paying my taxes helps that. The owner of Home Depot wants me to drive to his store on roads that our tax dollars built. The owner of Amazon wants to be able to deliver goods that I order over roads that our tax dollars paid for. Our infrastructure is built on tax dollars. Am I ok with my tax dollars going to our educational system? Yes, I am more ok with that than giving billionaires tax breaks when they have more money than they need. Am I ok with my tax dollars going to help rebuild after a natural disaster? Yes, having lived through Ian and seen the destruction so of course I am.

I am really not the biggest fan of big government spending that you may think. The problem with big government spending is a lot of that time money is spent on people that really don’t need it. Sending a stimulus check to everyone instead of the ones that truly need it is what I call wasteful spending. Mine came with a letter with Trump’s name on it. Don’t get me wrong. I appreciated the money but I was not destitute like lots of people were during Covid. There was great need but I think that one problem with America is that too many people get upset when we see someone get something that they am not getting. You solve that problem by giving it to everyone. There are people here in Florida that can afford to clean up their own yards after the Hurricane but instead are having you and I pay for it instead by applying for FEMA to come and do it. Here again I am thanking my stars that FEMA has been here but if you help one person I guess you have to help everyone. Even the ones that can afford to help themselves.

I will never understand how increasing spending on infrastructure increases inflation. That is what I am being told. Spending on infrastructure is creating jobs. Good paying jobs, tax paying jobs which in turn provides for more money into more people’s pockets to spend which in turn creates even more jobs. I would think that is a good thing. We tell people that they have to pick themselves up and find a better paying job and you are telling me that it’s inflationary?  Keeping people from getting better paying jobs is the solution to inflation? I guess high unemployment is the key to keeping inflation low. Greed is what has caused this thing inflation and it is that simple, not people getting better paying jobs or the Infrastructure Bill.  During this inflation the rich have just kept on getting richer. The problem is that the one percent doesn’t want to have not regulations that make the American consumer safer; they just want to get richer at the expense of the American consumer.

To me tax cuts are the same as increasing spending. Taxes on the One Percent are the lowest that they have been in my lifetime and I was born in 1953. The deficit was the highest when Trump left office in my lifetime. Tax cuts increase the deficit as much, if not more, than increase spending.  The only way that we can keep America great is if everyone pays their taxes and most of that burden shouldn’t fall on the shrinking middle class.

Comments

  1. "Taxes on the 1% are the lowest they have been in my lifetime..." Yes. And before the GOP tax cuts, taxes on everyone, but especially on the 1-10% helped to build roads, fund education, etc. The Trump tax cut was a disgusting example of greed and hatred toward anyone who actually earns a living.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect