Skip to main content

 

We have, as a nation, just witnessed or read about the Sate of the Union Address by President Biden and the response by Republican Governor Huckabee Sanders of Arkansas. The difference between the two parties was very apparent. If you are one of those that say the both parties are alike then you are not watching, listening, or reading. You are just living with an opinion that died right along with liberal and moderate Republicans. What I find is curious we still have the other party’s response with the fact that the Fairness Doctrine was done away by Reagan, so giving the other party equal time is not necessary. I am glad because it now points out the sharp difference of the two political parties.

When Biden gave his speech he received a thunderous applause from the Democrats and jeers from some of the far-right Republicans. Biden talked about his accomplishments which he should. He has been working hard on the Economy, Inflation, and Infrastructure. He talked about the need to preserve Social Security and Medicare. He talked about real financial issues that affect everyday people like credit card fees and services fees. He talked about things that affect our pocket books. “He summed it up that “Americans are tired of being played for suckers.” He asked everyone in Congress to make a commitment to Social Security and Medicare. He did not shy away from gun control or the need to do something about police violence. To put it simply he talked about real issues that affect everyone. Biden touted his accomplishments and he has every right to be proud of what he has accomplished. He talked about the future too. He embraced those blue collar workers that have been left behind and the need to build up the middle class. He addressed fossil fuels, our need for them now, but how we have to get away from them. Congress cheered the fact that we needed fossil fuels but they were not looking to the future.  I think that we have to be doing more but as long as the climate deniers are in Congress, Biden will not be able to do very much.

Like Obama he was heckled. He was called a liar and he was booed. I guess this is going to be the norm for the future of our political system. I know that the Democrats weren’t perfect for Trump. Personally, I think that that Nancy’s seal clap was a little over the top but the fact that she tore up Trump’s speech didn’t bother me one bit. The speech was over. If she would have done it during the speech I would have said that was uncalled for. The Congressperson that called Obama a liar did apologize but I am pretty sure the Marjorie Taylor Green will not apologize for calling Biden a liar or any of her other antics. She stated on Fox News that she was “Honored to call Biden the liar that he is.” To heckle any President during the State of the Union Address is something that should never happen but civility has gone out of politics and has been replaced by heckling and jeering that you would expect at a burlesques or vaudeville show. We also had the George Santos show going on which is always a distraction. Once again he proved that he was an embarrassment to the Republican Party and to the Nation.

Of course after everything was done at the Capitol we had Sarah Huckabee Sanders the Governor of Arkansas. Her job was to give the Republican response to Biden’s State of the Union Address. From what I have read she spent her time stoking fear instead of trying to solve problems. She referred to the Biden Administration as one that has been hijacked by the Radical left. You can tell that she didn’t listen to Biden’s speech because there didn’t seem to be anything radical about much of what Biden talked about. I don’t hear about her complaining about the radical infrastructure money being spent in her state to update roads and things like drinking water and broadband. I didn’t see or hear anything too radical coming from the Biden administration but I hear her complaining about things that he didn’t talk about. Being Woke!

I had a friend ask me early on what this woke was. I wasn’t sure so of course I began to do a little bit of research. To me it looks like a woke person is a person that searches for the truth instead of what the establishment tells them is the truth. Of course the right calls it rewriting history when you search for the truth. She talked about the radical left starting a culture war that the right never wanted. I am sorry but making a person ride in the back of the bus is part of a cultural war. Have restaurants that denied service because of the color of your skin not part of a cultural war? Having separate drinking fountains dependent on your race is a cultural war. She can talk about Critical Race Theory all she wants but this country has been in a cultural war since 1619. She states that the Radical Left wants people to hate their own race. Well I am White. I don’t hate my race. I do embrace history because it is a tool that we can use to learn from. I don’t try to whitewash history, I want it to be something that opens my eyes and makes me think. Yes, I want to be woke to the problems of the past so they don’t become the problems of the future. Most importantly I want the truth instead of spreading hate.

She stated that most Americans want to just live their lives in freedom. That is correct. I am sure that oppressed Black man, woman or child just wants to live his or her life in freedom with the same rights as everyone else. I am sure that Gay man or woman wants to live their life in freedom with the same rights as everyone else. I am sure that all women want to live their lives in freedom with the same rights as everyone else. Why is it so radical that not only White Christians but everyone wants to have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else. I don’t get embarrassed, but I do get angry when people of the same race I am want to deny the freedoms I already enjoy. Freedom is a word with no meaning if it only applies to the privileged. My freedom means nothing if my granddaughter’s freedom is suppressed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect