Skip to main content

 

It has been a couple of weeks since my last posting. I was going write a 2nd article on my opinion of the 14th Amendment because it is a conversation that every State in the Union should be having. If you remember the 14th amendment is the part of the Constitution that states that insurrectionist are not eligible to run for any office.  I have decided to write about why I haven’t been able to write for a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago I was feeling a little run down and a little achy. After lunch I checked my heart rate and I was 135 beats per minute. For those of you that have been following me for a while know that 6 years ago I had a heart attack and my wife administered CPR on me until the First Responders arrived. My heart had stopped for 6 minutes but thanks to my wife and the First Responders I am still alive a kicking. I spent 19 days in the ICU and had a quadruple bypass. Needless to say when I have a heart rate of 135 I get very concerned. I took a nitro pill and my heart rate didn’t slow down so my wife dialed 911. The EMTs came and checked me out and assured me that I wasn’t having a heart attack but had no idea why I had an elevated heart rate. They take me to the hospital and I went through a series of tests in the ER and they also tell me that I am not having a heart attack. They took chest x-rays and put in an IV but said that my lungs looked good. What they did discover was that I had Covid. Covid is not what I would have thought of with a heart rate of 135 but then I guess you can never tell how you are going to react to something. Covid 19 is alive and well and is still wreaking havoc on the world and people are still dying from it.

You really don’t hear enough about Covid in the news. I remember when the Republicans took control of the house they were going to prosecute Dr. Fauci. What happened with that one? Nothing! There was a lot of grandstanding for donations and votes but when it came right down to it there was nothing to go after Fauci for. In my opinion this is just another situation of false information to rile up the public for votes and donations. Dr. Fauci didn’t create Covid nor did he spread Covid. He just tried to do the best job he could with the information that he had. He was a bipartisan government employee that faithfully served administrations from both parties during his tenure. George W. Bush honored Dr. Fauci giving him the Medal of Freedom which is the highest honor that a civilian can be given. Republicans needed a boogeyman to give to the public and Fauci was there for the plucking. Why? Because he told people what he thought and not what they wanted to hear. Do you know what the end results are? We still have Covid and people are still dying from it.

I have witnessed a few, really ridiculous things in the last 3 1/2 years that we have had Covid.  One of the most ridiculous things is the way that the Republicans attacked Dr. Fauci. People are dying and they want to crucify the person that is telling us why people are dying. Crucifying Fauci would not save a single life and maybe would have cost us more. People like Ted Cruz and Paul Rand know that people are dying but all they do was say how Dr. Fauci should be prosecuted or how our freedoms are being taken away because he had to wear a mask. There has been no concern about the people getting sick or any remorse from all the death. Ron DeSantis stated that he thought that someone needed to throw Dr. Fauci into the Potomac. Why? No person should be threatened for doing their job by the Government that is employing them. What we have in this country is a moral crisis and it starts with the people that use a pandemic for votes and donations instead of talking about looking out for our neighbors. Even if someone like DeSantis would say, “Hey I know you don’t have to wear a mask but for the safety of the community I hope you do”. Instead of just encouraging people to be safe and respectful of other people we have a certain Florida Governor telling students to take off their masks. Republicans like DeSantis are not interested in keeping the public safe. They are more interested in keeping us divided which just weakens our society and our nation.  

DeSantis has now stated that he doesn’t think that people under the age of 65 should get the next Covid booster. Covid is a real problem but politicians like DeSantis do not come up with ways to keep people safe. All they do is tell people that they shouldn’t do what would help make them safe. That just doesn’t make sense to me. These vaccines are not filled with Nanobots that will turn us into communist. Fauci just wanted to keep people safe. He wasn’t running for a political party and didn’t serve one political party better than the other. Fauci had no power to shut down anything. All he did was inform and advise. For that he is made the bad guy from many of those people that were suppose to take the information and come up with a plan to keep the nation safe. My wife’s uncle who was a physician told me years ago that the world was ripe for another epidemic and was not prepared to deal with it. He was right. What surprised was not how unprepared we were but how uncaring we were. People would rather let their neighbor die so they didn’t have to be inconvenience by wearing a simple thing like a mask that would have saved thousands of lives.  

Because Dr. Fauci tried to do the right thing he has been threatened so much that he has to have full time security. No person that tried to save lives should have to live in fear for the rest of their life. We have huge issues that are being ignored because too many people want to keep us divided.

 

 

Comments

  1. I remember the day desantis ordered those kids to remove their mask and I was furious. Why are they so confrontational about safety

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

  Tommy Tuberville made a comment about Biden eating an ice cream cone in New York City. He posted on X that “Hope @JoeBiden enjoyed going out for ice cream in NYC while the rest of the city is afraid of crime and migrants”. If Senator Tuberville was really an informed and knowledgeable lawmaker he would know that Alabama, the State that he represents in the Senate, has a murder rate that is three times the rate of New York City. I wonder if this is a case of another Republican lying and giving misinformation in an attempt to weaken our nation or is he just a politician that doesn’t have a clue to the real problems that face the nation and the State he is suppose to represent. Maybe it would help if Tuberville actually lived in the State he is supposed to represent. If you believe the Washington Post he actually lives in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. I have been to Santa Rosa Beach and I have to admit it is beautiful there but that should not be an excuse for not living in the State you r
  If I was a parent of a handicapped or developmentally disabled child I would be very nervous right now. If I was a parent of a Gay or Tran’s child I would be very nervous. Why? I think that we have a person running for the office of President that thinks that it is ok to mock people with disabilities. President Biden is a stutterer and he has worked hard to overcome that disability. That should be something that should be an inspiration to not only people with disabilities but to the entire nation. He is a man that has risen above his stuttering to achieve remarkable things. By Trump mocking Biden because of his stuttering he is sending a message to the entire country it is ok to bully other people just because they are different or have a disability. Now Biden is a grown man that has had to endure bullying like that all his life and he has come out probably stronger because of it. Not everyone is as strong as Biden. Biden is not the first person that Trump has insulted because a h
  Trump’s oath of office, his lawyers are saying that Trump never took an oath to support the Constitution. Why would his lawyers say this? The reason is because the Presidential oath of office does not have the word “Support” in it. The Presidential oath uses the words “Preserve, Protect, and Defend” the Constitution. Why would the Presidential oath not use the word support? Could it be that the President is held to a higher standard than just support the Constitution? I have read that is the reason why that the words “Preserve, Protect and Defend” are used is to show the greater responsibility the President has to the Constitution. I think Trump’s lawyers want us to believe that Trump had less of a responsibility to our Constitution because the word “Support” is not in his oath. I think just the opposite; he had a stronger responsibility and failed at that responsibility, badly. Maybe that is because he never read the Constitution of the United States. Trump’s lawyers also say Sect